We are looking for someone who takes pride in their work and is compassionate and caring with the patients. Must have 5-star customer service skills and be an exceptional communicator and be able to effectively educate patients.
Summary: Completes treatment of patient’s oral and periodontal care including patient education by performing the following duties.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provides oral or written pre-operative and post-operative treatment instructions.
- Reviews patient charts prior to appointments, updates health histories and documents blood pressure and other information that may affect treatments.
- Provides periodontal treatments to include scaling, root planning, curettage, periodontal charting and polishing.
- Provides treatment for adult and children prophy’s which may include but not limited to – exams, radiographs, prophy’s, fluoride, and sealant.
- Administer local anesthesia with directions from the doctor.
- Promotes exceptional dental care by providing periodontal health education through demonstration and appropriate literature regarding patients’ oral health needs and scheduling them for this treatment.
- Documents services rendered and other related information in patients’ charts following each appointment.
- Charts necessary future dental treatments as dictated by the Doctor during examinations.
- Responsible for proper upkeep of operatory equipment at all times including but not limited to:
– general cleaning
– sharpening and sterilizing hand instruments
– disinfecting operatories between appointments
– cleaning and maintaining equipment related to daily functions (i.e. sterilizer, autoclave).
- Cleans treatment areas at the end of each day to include flushing the evacuation system, emptying trash and preparing treatment rooms for the following business day. Remains aware of supply/stock levels available in the office, and communicates effectively with co-workers to place orders.
- Provides support to office personnel when primary responsibilities are completed including but not limited to:
– setting and confirming appointments and/or filling schedule
– electronically filing patient charts
– checking in with Doctor/Business Manager
– maintaining a clean work environment.
- Follows all company policies and procedures paying special attention to patient care and safety.
- Communicates effectively with a diverse group of clients.
- Maintains proper knowledge of HIPAA compliances and clinical skills.
- Provides quality customer service.
- Acts as a team player.
- Completes continuing education units as required for licensure.
Associate’s degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school.
Pay Commensurate with experience.
Monday through Friday available. Open to full-time, part-time, temporary, or fill-ins.