We are seeking a compassionate individual who is committed to growing both personally and professionally. If this sounds like you, come join our supportive team. We are a growing practice, offering competitive compensation. We are seeking an enthusiastic and personable dental assistant with a minimum of 2 years’ experience, but we are willing to train if you are a perfect fit.
The dental assistant works under a dentist’s supervision to prepare equipment that will be used in dentistry procedures, to ready patients for these procedures, and to help the dentist during these procedures by passing instruments, holding the suction catheter in place, and generally anticipating the dentist’s needs. Some Other responsibilities may include sophisticated functions such as removing sutures, processing x-rays and taking the oral impressions used to fit crowns.
- Work under the direct supervision of the dentist or hygienist.
- Perform a variety of patient care, office, and laboratory duties, including but not limited to providing chair-side assistance while dentist/hygienist examine and treat patients.
- Ensure patients are as comfortable as possible in the dental chair, prepare them for treatment, and obtain their dental records.
- Hand instruments and materials to dentist and keep patients’ mouths dry and clear by using suction or other devices.
- Sterilize and disinfect instruments and equipment, prepare trays of instruments for dental procedures, and instruct patients on postoperative and general oral health care.
- Prepare materials for impressions and restorations, take dental x rays as directed by a dentist.
- Obtains alginate impressions for diagnostic and/or intra-oral appliances.
- Handle other radiological equipment and assist patients with these procedures as directed by the dentist.
- Perform office duties as needed including: answering phones, scheduling appointments, receiving patients, and keeping treatment records.
- Ordering dental supplies and materials.
- Assist in specialty areas such as oral surgery, perio, and prosthodontics, and restoring dental implants.
- Support and assist the hygienist as needed with charting, keeping supplies stocked in treatment rooms, and sanitizing treatment rooms.
- Help track the inventory of supplies and keep the storage areas organized.
- Other responsibilities may include sophisticated functions such as removing sutures.
- Other duties as assigned by dentist or office manager.
- Certified as a Dental Assistant a plus.
- Two years of Dental Assistant experience preferred, but willing to train.
- X-ray certification required.
- Must be computer literate. Able to use software applications such as Dentrix, iTero Scanner, Planmeca CBCT X-ray machine.
- Dental implant experience desired.
- Must be reliable, work well with the team, and have good manual dexterity.
- Must have current certification in cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Compensation commensurate with skills and experience.
- Four-day work week with a minimum of 32 hours a week.
- Work in a professional environment where the focus is on patient care and your continued learning and success.